- Short, P. 2011. Trends in the peat industry. Greenhouse Management. March p. 48-52.
- Gruda, N, B.J. Rau, and R.D. Wright. 2009. Laboratory Bioassay and Greenhouse Evaluation of a Pine Tree Substrate Used as a Container Substrate. Eur. J. Hort. Sci. 74:73-78.
- Yepsen, R. and Goldstein, N. January 2009. Historical Perspective: Grinders, Chippers, Shredders. Biocycle, pp. 16-22.
- Frangi, P., G. Amoroso, F. Ferrini, and A. Fini. 2008. Growth of Ornamental Shrubs in Wood Fiber-Based Growing Media. Acta Hort. 801:1571-1575.
- Wright, R. and J. Latimer, J. 2007. Grinding Pine Logs to Use as a Container Substrate. Greenhouse Production News, January 2007.
- Wright, R.D. and J.F. Browder. 2005. Chipped Pine Logs: A Potential Substrate for Greenhouse and Nursery Crops. HortScience 40:1513-1515.
- McKeever, D.B. December 1999. How Woody Residues are Recycled in the United States. Biocycle, pp. 33-44.
- Gray, K. March 1999. The Many Routes to Recycling Wood – North Carolina. Biocycle, pp. 64-66.
- Scott, M. and B. Burbridge. 1991. Working to Beat the Peat Problem. Grower 116:15-18.